sábado, 27 de agosto de 2011

Who pays?

Dating is cool, but I'm always in doubt who is supposed to pay in the end of the evening.

You go out, have fun, enjoy the dinner, laugh together, but does that oblige the guy to pay?

The other day I went out for dinner and had a lot of fun. Then the most painful moment of the evening: we asked for the bill.

I as tipical Swiss I am used to split bills, everyone pays his own part, that's it, no big deal. Swiss guys normally don't invite the girl unless they are REALLY interested and want to see her again.

Being used to this I normally take out my purse and start calculating, but I am not sure, because that might offend the guy as well?! One day a friend explained: "don't worry, guys pay". It's kind of an unwritten rule in Spanish society.

Ok, got it! Still, the bad feeling remains...

No hay comentarios: