Stareing at someone is totally "legal" here. By legal I mean it's nothing special at all. Everyone (or shall I say every man (?)) does it. In the bus, in the metro, at the streetlight, in the restaurant, on the street, you name it!
Ok, so what do I mean by stareing at someone. Do you know this feeling that someone is looking at you and when you look up the other one looks away? It's exactly the same but without the looking away.
Just today it happened to me again in the bus. I was thinking of something looking out of the window, swifting away. At an abrupt stop I turned my head and what did I see? A pair of eyes looking strait away at me. Believe me it wasn't just a glance. I was surprised because I didn't expect such a look. Ähm, what should I do, stare back? - What for. Pull a face? - Seems odd. Smile? - He didn't deserve it. The only option which more or less made sense: Look away. And that's what I did, but I felt strange. What was this look about? Interest? Trying to get in contact? Or just simply "a look"?
I'd really like to know what's going on in their heads when they do that. It can't just simply be a look, can it?
I mean Swiss men look at you too, but if you look back they either smile or look away, but don't just stare!
Even odder it seems to me when they do it with a girlfriend sitting next to them. Not kidding! A girlfriend is no obstacle, believe me. And I kind of like the reaction of their girlfriends: They do not react at all!
I have not yet found out if they are simply ignoring or if they really don't realise.... or maybe they just couldn't care less!
Am I going to get used to it one day? Not too sure about that....
And now last but not least the stupiest innuendo from a guy I knew just a few hours: Did I boost your ego? (Yes, he is Argentinean... thanks for the explanation, Sonia :-))
Beg your pardon? You have never seen me run away faster.....
Enjoy your next flirt! (What's the stupiest innuendo you had?)
1 comentario:
Is it the stareing itself you don't like or the matter of fact that you don't know what is going on in the person's head?
Publicar un comentario